Friday, July 19, 2013

Tina Jasion- Northern Region


Meet Tina Jasion-Northern Region



I grew up in a very secular family and came to know Jesus at 13 through a youth group connection.  An immature faith was planted but grew in my twenties. Marriage and motherhood brought opportunities for the Holy Spirit to draw me to know the Lord of the Universe. This began a wonderful discovery- the journey of faith.

Early years of parenting connected me to the Sunday school stories of the Bible, right along with my children. What a process God was using for my shaping and training!  A faithful mother-in-law and pastor patiently answered EVERY question. The ladies of the LWML were my “mamma’s in the faith,” and I give thanks for all of my mentors.

After college I worked as an accountant, keeping some clients to work from home after my first son was born. After my second son, I taught Jacki Sorenson aerobic classes, maintained my accounting clients, and did a lot of volunteering at my church.   

During the 1995 LWML convention in Kansas City, the Lord moved my heart to answer His call into vocational ministry. The next six years taught me patience as I learned to worship in the waiting for His timing.  In 2002, I completed the Training Leaders for Ministry program through the Southeastern District LMCS, with a focus on missionary/outreach ministry. I then enrolled in the new Masters of Christian Outreach degree program from Concordia University in St. Paul MN, graduating with the first cohort in 2006.  

My passion is to help people to know the Lord!  I have had the blessing of serving in a variety of capacities and gaining new skills and connections

I am currently serving as the Director of LINC Baltimore (www.linc-baltimore.org), leading a movement to “build up the Kingdom of God in Baltimore”, helping churches to better serve their communities and starting new ministries in the metro area.  

My passion is in sharing God’s grace with others that they may come to know Him, discipling new believers and helping others do the same.  The Lord continues to open avenues for me to do this.  My blog, www.missionjesusstyle.blogspot.com provides sources of encouragement and resources for sharing the grace of God with others.

In 1983 I married Scott Jasion, the young man I fell in love with while attending Towson University.   We have two grown sons and live in Fallston, Maryland.  I love to read and enjoy recreational skiing in the winter and kayaking in the summer.  To God be the glory for the joys of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!