Monday, July 15, 2013

Sandi Becker- Northern Region







After 30+ years of professional work in various human service settings, I officially retired in February, 2010.  This gave me the opportunity to explore new opportunities to serve God.  Some church related, some community related, some for personal growth, and sometimes for all three-in-one.

My current love is working with a local equestrian therapeutic program for persons with developmental disabilities.  As a “side-walker”, my job is to walk along side of the horse and rider as they are taken through their paces.  What joy it is to watch the reaction of riders when they experience the pleasure of learning what they can do beyond what others may see as their limits!  What a great gift from God!

I am the wife of a LCMS Pastor, Tom Becker, who is currently serving Immanuel Lutheran Church in Preston, Maryland, in the North Region of the Southeastern District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.

The current joy of my life is preparing for our son’s upcoming wedding, at which his father will be officiating.  This marriage will result in the blending of two families, increasing the number of grandchildren to three!

The role of a pastor’s wife can be a challenge and isolating at times, but the blessings have been wonderful.  Attending the Annual Pastor’s Wives’ Retreat gives me the opportunity to learn, share, laugh, and of course to pray with my “sisters-in-Christ”.  

My faith gets stronger each day as I continue to have more time for reflection and prayer.   I thank God for calling us to our wonderful “country church family”, where our congregation blesses us with love each day.     


Sandi continues her love for working with therapeutic horses and we give thanks for the way she uses her gifts to bless others in need of tender care at
Talbot Special Riders. She can be reached at  sandiretired65@aol.com.



Sandi and a specially trained horse- Nathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!