Monday, July 15, 2013

Connie Denninger- Central Region





Sometimes we really don't know what will define us in different stages of life.  Airports and traveling are a more integral part of my current life. Being prepared for the waiting and shuffling, and packing and unpacking...ummm  not so good with that yet.  I continue to be amazed in the ways that God works to bring connections in our lives- especially when we spend a bit more time looking for them and expecting them.  I have served not quite a year along side my husband John, as he serves as the President of the Southeastern District- LCMS. We continue to live in our home in Springfield, Virginia.

The previous years were spent in mostly parish ministry- beginning in a small parish in SE Nebraska.
Then we had over 4 years in full-time Campus Ministry at Kearney State College, Kearney, Nebraska.  The life and ebb and flow of parish life is certainly wonderful as we were able to spend 24 years in one congregation at Prince of Peace in Springfield, VA. Long enough to marry the parents, baptize the children, and watch them graduate from college.

Although my college years prepared me for teaching the long lost art of Home Economics at Valparaiso University- the reality is that I have now taught from 3 year olds to high school level. The area that defines me is family life and faith life in the home. I love the interaction of passing the baton of faith to the next generation and doing that in creative ways that speak to the hearts of moms and dads and their children.

An area of joy currently is seeing all three daughters- Jessica, Laura and Sara- now married to wonderful faith-filled men. God has blessed us with the addition of some fine young men to the Denninger family. New to our lives is our first grandson Griffin and we are awaiting the arrival of the next 2 grandsons soon.  Gonna learn about the boys.

God is currently doing some hard work in me, as I continue to struggle with and be drawn at the same time to living a life of prayer.  What does that Look Like? What might happen if I give the Holy Spirit full reign in my life to teach me? Certainly an experiment in faith-filled living that He is moving in me right now.



This blog is dedicated to all the women of the Southeastern District - to get to know you, where you live and serve. That includes those married to Pastors, (and the initial focus of this blog) and those married to other church workers, the women who themselves serve and teach in our churches and schools, and the heartbeat of congregational life- the LAYWOMEN. May you learn a bit about a friend you already have and maybe meet a new friend along the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!