Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Holly Borrasso- Central Region





What a journey life takes us on! Since we were married in 2010, my husband Matt and I have lived in three different states, four different cities and I have held five different jobs! As we have traveled around the country, I have supported Matt in his journey through two different seminaries to become an ordained pastor.

Prior to our ‘life-in-transition,’ I grew up in the Northern Virginia before heading off to college at Concordia University Chicago. I graduated from CUC in 2010 with a BA in Lutheran Elementary Education and began teaching in the upper-elementary grades. 

Currently, Matt is serving his vicarage at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Fredericksburg, VA where I am also serving as their Family Life Program Coordinator. God has sure blessed us with this placement; many lessons learned, the area rich with history and the members welcoming! 

In my position at the church, I get to spend a lot of my time showing love to others, along with planning family nights, women’s events, and whole-church activities with support from various congregants. The biggest blessing I witnessed was when I was working with a group of elementary aged children and we were studying the Lord’s Prayer. The amount of questions, determination and faithfulness was overwhelming! 

I have also had time to work on several of my passions, art and photography, in my free time. I have been able to express my faith through paint brushes and a camera lens, hoping to encourage others through new avenues! 

God has been working through us and through those around us to continue His will wherever we are placed. Throughout all of the changes we have been through on our journey thus far, we have noticed the constant of His abundant love and never-ending grace for His people. 

Holly blogs at:  Life in Transition--    http://hollyborrasso.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!