Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Rae Fangmeier- Southern Region






God is good all the time.  All the time, God is good!  I feel very blessed to be at this time in my life journey:  67 years old, in excellent health and finding joy in ever-expanding adventures.  

Tim's (husband) 25+ years in parish ministry were spent south of the Mason-Dixon line, i.e. in Florida and North Carolina.  Not too much of a sacrifice for a Michigan/Motown girl :-).  I found my niche in parish life by just being me - which felt pretty comfortable.  Then Tim worked on staff of the SED for ten years = new venues and lessened role expectations for "the pastor's wife."

And now my Medicare years.  This is a good thing!  I'm enjoying opportunities to serve in ways I never thought I'd be drawn to:  working weekly @ our church's soup kitchen (see photo), volunteering at our town's Crisis Assistance Ministries, looking forward to my fourth foreign mission trip this August, experiencing a four day silent retreat, embarking on women's prison ministry.  Who knew!  I am surprised by joy and suspect God is having a chuckle watching all this.   I'm so grateful that He continues to call and lead me, teaching me to trust and be thankful.  

Rae serves on the the Spiritual Life Team of the Southeastern District.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!