Thursday, July 25, 2013

Deb Poese- Northern Region






I grew up on a dairy farm just north of tiny Freistatt, Missouri.  College was at Northeast Missouri State University (now Truman State), where at the age of eighteen I met the love of my life at a Bible study which was part of the Lutheran campus ministry there. That city boy from St. Louis is my faithful husband and father of our two grown children.  Watching our son marry the love of HIS life in July 2012 and then seeing the two of them now involved in our church family have been awesome joys for both of us.   

I have been committed to the work of the Lutheran Women's Missionary League for over thirty years, in its mission to support each Lutheran woman  "...so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world."   The women I have met along the way have amazed me and inspired me and frankly changed my life in so many ways.

Shortly after I became the president of the Chesapeake District of the LWML, I chose Ephesians 3:20  as my inspiration verse.  The  translation in The Message always makes me smile:  "God can do anything, you know--far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams!"    That's my God...I just need to let Him work and get out of the way. 

Deb Poese worships at Church of St. Andrew, Silver Spring, MD and can be reached at deb.poese@verizon.net. 

1 comment:

  1. Deb has been a POWERFUL witness since I met her at Truman. It has been my deep pleasure and privilege to know her. Her focus is like no one else I know. God bless you my friend and may He bless your ministry as President in amazing ways!

    ReplyDelete

always wanting to be connected!