Monday, July 22, 2013

Emily Phoenix- Northern Region




Hi, my name is Emily Phoenix and I am so excited to be part of this special project to share stories and experiences that highlight and encourage the women of the Southeastern District. 

In November of 2012, I joined the staff at Galilee Lutheran Church in Pasadena, MD, as the Director of Discipleship. At Galilee, I oversee various ministry areas such as Education, Human Care and Lay Ministry. I also teach new member classes and help people connect to and serve both the church and the community around us. 
I am originally from the Midwest, Indianapolis, specifically. I attended Concordia University, Nebraska. My husband, Jack and I, were married last summer and moved from Detroit in October. 
I am an avid football fan, and love fall very much for that reason! I also enjoy running and at the beginning of 2012 ran a marathon!My husband and I just signed up to run the Baltimore half-marathon and look forward to preparing for that.  I also enjoy reading, card-making and volunteering.

I have been blessed with many opportunities to travel for both work and pleasure and enjoy every chance I am given to visit friends and family nationally and internationally! Mission trip opportunities to Brazil, Indonesia and Louisiana for Hurricane Katrina relief have had a great impact on me.
I am passionate about my faith and thankful for the opportunity to use my gift of writing to support and encourage the women who I am proud to serve alongside to share the message of Jesus Christ and glorify God! 

Emily blogs at: Unexpected Blessings---- http://unexpectedblessings.emilyphoenix.com.
She can be reached at Dodemily@galileelutheranchurch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!