Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Welcome to Rev. John and Teffanie Engwall

 Welcome to Rev. John and Teffanie Engwall 
to the Southeastern District!
Rev. John was installed as pastor 
at Bethlehem Lutheran Church
 in Aiken, South Carolina
 by Rev. John Denninger- SED President.
Circuit pastors gather to bless 
the new clergy couple 
for their Mission in the Kingdom in Aiken
on Sunday, June 17, 2018.
Rev. John is a new graduate from 
Concordia Seminary- Fort Wayne 
and received his first call to Bethlehem, Aiken, SC.
Surrounding the newly-installed pastor 
are brothers in the ministry.
Thanks to the congregation at Bethlehem 
for such a warm welcome for the Engwalls.

 Teffanie shares a bit more about her journey-

"Hello! I was born in Baton Rouge,
and lived in Denham Springs, Louisiana 
for my first 7 years. 
I have 2 older sisters and a younger brother. 
My family moved around a lot as I was growing up and
I have lived in Indiana, Mississippi and Tennessee.
I met John in Knoxville- where we were married. 
I have 3 nieces and 3 nephews. 
I enjoy being with friends and family and going to the movies-
especially having popcorn at the movies 😏
I grew up going to church at different denominations. 
My mother's side was Methodist 
and my father's family was Pentecostal. 
Both didn't attend- they just sent us. 
When John and I got married,
I told him we would be going to church.
So we searched different places until John 
met the chaplain of the police department where he worked. 
We started going to Holy Trinity Lutheran Church 
where I was baptized and confirmed.
We became members of Praise Lutheran Church
in Maryville, Tennessee.
I enjoy being around people and will hopefully
find a job that involves helping people.
I am so excited for our our new adventure in ministry 
with our new church families."

We give thanks for this journey of faith 
that has brought Teffanie and John
to this point in time. 
May they be blessed as they serve His people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!