Friday, September 06, 2013

Saron Yohannes- Central Region



        My name is Saron Yohannes. I was born in Eritrea, North East Africa. I came to the U.S. in 1995 to study Theology. I got my Associate Degree of Theology in 1998 in St Paul, MN. I was in the program of the Concordia Seminary Distance Learning through Ethnic Immigrant Institute of Theology from January 2007-October 2011. I graduated and was consecrated at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Arlington, VA.  I’m also serving the Eritrean Synod in North America as Gospel Out Reach.  In the Chesapeake District- LWML I have served as a Heart to Heart District Leader and on the Heart to Heart Committee with the National LWML. I am appointed to serve for this coming biennium with the Christian Life Committee- National LWML. I‘m a deaconess serving at Our Savior Lutheran Church, and currently working as a teacher at St. John’s Lutheran Early Child Education Center as a Lead Teacher in the 2 year old program in Alexandria, VA.  
        Working with children, even though it’s tiring, gives much joy. My mission is to show and instruct people to know and follow Jesus. I have multiple tasks with my job that includes being a witness through teaching, equipping and encouraging people in different kinds of groups. Another piece of my work with people is  guiding, leading and praying with them.
Since we are living in a broken world, working with people has a lot of challenges. By God’s grace working in me, I am learning not to look just at my situation, but instead to see my destiny in what Jesus did on the cross. Jesus paid the price in love for me-it is finished. So my life journey is about living faithfully to run the race to the finish line. 
I‘m so blessed and live in God's favor. It’s a joy being a Christian. Even though there have been ups and downs in  my life, I don't have any regrets. I  have never seen my family since 1995 when I came to the United States of America. Do I miss my home and my family? There is no doubt. But I have learned and experienced something about God's love and I'm satisfied. First of all, “He is all in all to me.” He is my Dad (Abba), my mom, my sister, my brother, my …everything. He took over and I‘m leaning on His grace. To breathe in and breath out His grace, gives me a joyful life. God’s family is my family.
I’m learning and growing every single day through prayer and His Word. I am seeing the presence and work of the Holy Spirit in my prayer intercessions in my daily life. God moves as He brings changes in situations and in the life of the people I serve or meet. My encouragement to all readers, renew your heart altar every day and give your time, your heart, and your mind to meet Jesus. He gives all good things that you might receive His wisdom, guidance, and strength to overcome your day’s situations and to be fruitful for His Kingdom.

“This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it”.
Psalm 118:24

  Saron can be reached at Saron122@yahoo.com. We give thanks for all the ways she serves in the SED and in the church beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!