Monday, September 23, 2013

Karen Hunter- Central Region





What is a current JOY in my life these days?  Being settled.  This last year has been one of changes for our family. Last fall included a painful and emotional changing of churches and then a new church family to get to know.  Then, in another roller coaster of emotion, over the spring and summer we sold our home of 11 years
(in 3 days!) and had to quickly find a new home, which we eventually did.  The rest of the summer was spent unpacking, working on our new house, getting to know the neighborhood, and settling in to our new surroundings.  

Finally, we are feeling settled.  Finally, we can take a deep breath and see that, yes, despite the crazy big life changes and challenges of the past year, God’s presence never changed.  He’s been with us all along.  Some days it was harder to see than others, but that was, I readily admit, more me than Him.  I lost sight of Him. I got sidetracked and caught up in the emotion of everything, rather than focusing my eyes on Him, His steadiness, His presence, His care, His good plans for me and my family.

Now, I feel like I can begin looking ahead again.  I’ve reaffirmed God’s promises to me in Jeremiah 29:11 – He’s got good plans for me!  God’s gifted me with a creativity and a passion to share it with others.  One of the best features of our new home is the dining room which we have converted into my craft room.  I feel so blessed to have this dedicated crafting space. 

In the past, God has led me to use my creativity in many kingdom-building ways.  I’ve been able to partner with other creative women and provide creative elements for church events and women’s retreats.  I’ve led FaithKeeping crafting events at my previous church and feel God’s leading to continue the program at my new church.  He led me to an online community where I’ve been able to teach crafting courses, including faith-based classes like “Scrapbooking Your Faith” and “Faith Inspired Projects.”  I’ve taught other classes there, too, but my faith-based ones have been the most popular.  That’s a huge blessing and I feel so humbled that I’ve been able to share the love of Christ through this creative outlet! 
Feeling settled is good.  Knowing that I am being led by a God who is changeless – even when life is marked by unsettling change – is even better.  I’m looking forward with hope, anticipation, and joy to see what God reveals as the next step for this creative girl’s life!


Find me online –


Karen is a member of Living Hope Lutheran Church in Stafford, Virginia and can be reached at 

kahdah95@comcast.net.  Want to know about starting a ministry that helps people to tell the story of God's faithfulness in their lives? Karen is able to point to some possible starting places for 
Keep the Faith activities. Karen is also on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/karenhunter/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!