Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Tiffany Sears- Central Region

   


Who are you? When I thought about this question for this blog post, it was honestly like my brain did not comprehend the question. Had I been asked that before? The only thing that would come to mind at that moment was the song I used to hear when I was younger by
The Who, or the caterpillar ramblings in Alice in Wonderland. Then I prayed about that question. I have to say, even now in my forties, I am still getting to know who I am. I enjoy getting to know others much more than getting to know myself. The one absolute fact about me that I DO know is that I am a child of God! That should not be stated lightly! 

SO I SHOUT, I AM A CHILD OF GOD!!

My journey of faith has proven that this is the most important piece people should know about me. I am a tiny puzzle piece in the biggest story ever. When God finishes putting it all together, it will be the most beautiful thing eyes could ever behold. 
It will be perfect! I am looking forward to that! 

I have had an interesting faith journey, but one with many ups and downs.  When I look back, I see the loving eyes and guiding hands of Jesus.  When I look forward, I see Him standing with open arms ready to welcome me home.

The Joy of the Lord is my strength!  I find so much joy in worshiping and marveling at my God! The blessings that God has chosen to send my way are good beyond my imagination!

 I have two beautiful daughters and a peaceful home. I work with a wonderful group of Christians and I get to learn so much from each one, those present and past. Laughter is one of my greatest joys because when life gets tough, I feel so much release of tension with a straight from the gut laugh!

Speaking of laughter, one of the best things in this world is to listen to this song
 ‘Build Your Kingdom Here’ by Rend Collective Experiment -  
(find it here- Build Your Kingdom Here As I am running and spinning with my 9 year old daughter’s laughter blending in….it's a little taste of what’s to come I think!  Children are such a large part of what joy is all about- they interpret JOY. I am learning about Jesus with a group of four year olds in my Sunday School class. 

What's up in my Spirit Life?
I love the Holy Spirit. He is the air I breathe. He is so mysterious and I think that is awesome! I love to envision Him translating my prayers and what He might look like as He forms what comes from my spirit to the language He understands best. He is doing a work in me right now by showing me how to trust in Him. I find that Ecclesiastes 3 pretty much wraps up what is happening in my life right now.

Right now-
  1. My grandparents who have cared for me since I was young are in their nineties.
  2. My oldest daughter is getting ready to graduate with a paramedic degree and possibilities of a fiancé are in the mix.
  3. My congregation is going to be seeking out a new senior pastor.
  4. There have been staff changes at our church and that is always unsettling.
  5. War seems to always be a possibility.
  6.  I just had all the plumbing replaced in my condo due to faulty pipes.
  7.  I feel sad, happy, numb, and excited.
  8.  In all of this, the Holy Spirit teaches me to enjoy and grow in this life with Jesus.
  9. With a heart of trust, I continue the steps in the journey of faith that God designed just for ME.  

Tiffany is the Receptionist and Secretary at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church
 in Springfield, Va.
She blesses many with her smile and her wonderful laugh as she serves in the Kingdom with a heart of Joy. She can be reached at Tiffany Sears@poplc.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!