Monday, September 02, 2013

Joan Loesch- Central Region





Blessed to be a blessing. 
Those words have been my guide from the time I was a young woman and I realized the sacrifices my parents, both Lutheran teachers, made to give me and my three siblings a loving Christian home life, a parochial school education and their continual support and prayers in all that I did.  Nearly forty-six years ago another blessing came into my life when my father introduced me to one of his Sem students.  Nine months after we first met, Keith and I were married.  Wherever God chose to send us during Keith's years of full time ministry blessings followed. 

There was always at least one woman in every congregation who became a mentor and advisor and prayer partner and a special blessing to me. Thank you Elisabeth, Virginia, Louise and Bev. When working as a geriatric nurse there were multiple opportunities to witness to my faith; often towards the end of a resident's life I had the privilege to sit with them, hold their hand and pray with them and their family.

Now I am able to do volunteer work with Fellowship Square Foundation who operates four apartment buildings for the low income elderly. It is I who am blessed with their smiles, and hugs and words of thanks when I visit or assist with transportation or arrange for food and other staples to be donated. 

Daily I thank the Lord for all He has done for me and to try to reflect His love and blessings to my family, friends and all whom I meet.  Yes, I am blessed.  And I pray to be a blessing to others.


Joan lives in Woodbridge, Va and her husband, Keith, is the Emeritus Pastor at Grace Lutheran Church, Woodbridge. She can be contacted at  kandjloesch@comcast.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!