Wednesday, August 10, 2016

From Paper to Heaven- A Young Poetess




The Unforeseen Path 
(Inspired by Psalm 23) 
by Erin O.

As I walk through a long
Winding road, darkness
Overtakes it.
I shudder as fear overwhelms
Every inch in my being. 

Suddenly, I am touched by an
All surpassing warmth. 
A light touches the place 
Where my feet meet the earth. 

Though I fear nothing. 

The light takes hold of me 
And gently carries me to 
A placid stream.
I drink and my soul is 
Restored. 

I find myself at a breathtakingly 
Exquisite banquet, prepared 
For me, I am later informed.
I sit and mine enemies
Look upon me with 
Scornful eyes.

However I fear nothing,
Because the light is 

By my side.


Erin is a junior in high school.
 She enjoys writing in her free time.
 Music brings her joy 
(because it helps her to really relax). 
 At the moment her life feels 
a bit like a whirlwind of chaos,
 but the Holy Spirit is working in her
 to bring peace in her writing. 
 Erin will be a contributing writer 
for Journeys of Faith
 as a young author-
posting From Paper to Heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!