Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Visual Faith- A Changed Life!

 Sometime we have shared common experiences
 in a retreat, workshop, or conference.
But then we don't have a great way
 to follow up and check in with those
 who we have "BEEN WITH."
What was their "take-away?'
What happened since our time together?
This week I received an email
 from Sandy Helmuth from Nappanee, Indiana.
 She joined us in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
 at the Women's Retreat hosted
 by Messiah Lutheran Church
 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Dedication of Sandy's 
Counting Gifts Journal



"Dear Connie, I cannot tell you how much my life
 has been changed since the Women's Retreat
 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. 
Thank you for investing in me!
 I am meeting with a friend several times
 a month to journal together. 

Plus I journal everyday in my 
Prayers by the Month
 and Counting Gifts (Year of Grace) journal.
I bought an INSPIRE Journaling Bible
 that I enjoy coloring.
( An INSPIRE Bible has preprinted words
 and images to color. 
Unfortunately they are backordered everywhere,
 but you might find one hanging out
 on the shelves of your local book store.) 
A colored page with a bit of embellishment.
Here is a page where 
 Sandy prayed over her Granddaughter - 
with images of some of her favorite things.
"Then the Holy Spirit got ahold of me 
and I have been drawing almost daily. 
So life is changing for me. 
Here are some of my personal creations.
  I have done many, many more. 
Pinterest is a wonderful resource for ideas."
I am also very excited to tell you
 that I am going to lead 
a small group of women
 in the fall at our church.
 I am so excited!! 
 I have copied doodles (Tangles) from Pinterest
 so we will start with that for teaching Visual Prayer.
 I will be asking for more help and coaching
 as I prepare for that.
Blessings to you! Hugs and love in Christ Jesus! "


Sandy Helmuth (from Nappanee IN)





Want to learn more about Visual Faith? 

That includes Visual Prayer and Bible Journaling. 
 See you at the Southeastern District- 
Tending the Flame Event. 
For more info--
Creative Faith at Tending the Flame-2016


We give thanks to Sandy for sharing a bit
 of the story of what the Holy Spirit
 is doing in her life right now.
 Drawing her close to HIM.
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!