Sunday, May 01, 2016

Beth Ogne- Bible Jouranling


Beth Ogne- Northern Region

1. What brings me joy in Bible journaling? 
Journaling allows me to focus on God's word in a deeper way. I enjoy arts and crafts and coloring, so this way of studying and pondering God's word allows me to combine a hobby that I enjoy with getting to know the Lord better. It's also usually a quiet time with God, which is rare in a house full of people. 



2. How do I see the Holy Spirit using visual faith tools right now?
My private prayer and bible study life is not where I wanted it to be - it's weak at best. Having visual faith tools are a fun way to get me in God's Word and focused on Him. Each journaling and visual faith idea that I'm working on makes me want to finish it. So, that means if the project isn't done, I'll go back to it another day, which means I'm back in God's word!! The Holy Spirit is guiding me to make Bible study a habit and a hobby.



3. Words of encouragement:
Don't give up. Try more than one style and do what works for you. Don't be afraid to "mess up." You don't get awards for visual prayer or journaling. What you do get is a closer relationship with God through His Word. Don't compare yourself to other artists. It will drive you nuts worrying that you can't journal like they can. Do what works for you.



Beth is a member of Lutheran Church of Our Savior, 
Bryan's Road, MD.
She is married to Rev. Christopher Ogne. 
She "moms" in a busy household
 with three young ladies.
She currently is using a journal 
for her Bible reflections and responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!