Sunday, September 27, 2015

Alaska Mission Trip- Part 3- The Baptisms



More of the Baptism story in Alaska.
 Makayla and Dolly 
are two of my young friends in Deering.
 (Both about age 8)  
One little girl’s mother asked
 Scott (my pastor husband)
 to baptize her daughter 
when he came back the next year.  
We came prepared to baptize Dolly.
 We were not prepared for the
 excitement Dolly was feeling about being baptized. 
The minute Dolly saw us she asked,
 “When can I be baptized?"
  One our 3rd day in Deering,
 Dolly her mother and her aunt
 all came after Bible school 
so excited for her to be baptized.
 I will never forget the smile
 on Dolly’s face after her baptism. 
Scott gave her the shell 
he used during the baptism.  
After the baptism, Dolly’s friend said,
 “I want to be baptized too. Can I be baptized?"
Scott told her she had to ask her dad. 
Makayla rushed home and asked her dad. 
 She came back yelling- "he said yes, he said yes!"
 Makayla asked to be baptized during Bible school. 
An excited Makayla arrived early with smiles, 
and with her father watching, she was baptized.
  Their excitement at this important 
faith milestone was encouraging.
Perhaps I had taken for granted my baptism.
 What a wonderful reminder 
for me
 that I am a child of God through baptism!

Submitted by Denise Johnson- 
Contributing writer to Journeys of Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!