Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Sue Beyer- Southern Region


What gives you JOY right now?

What brings me joy in my life right now is seeing young people getting ready for the future.  Sarah, my daughter, is a senior in high school this year.  It amazes me what the Lord has done in her life, and in the life of her close friends.  We are blessed to live in a strong Christian community.  I am so proud of Sarah and what she has accomplished in her life so far, and can't wait to see what God will do with her in the future.  She makes good God choices and does the right thing for Jesus.  But, I am keeping a box of kleenex close by at all times in this year of transitions!

What do you see the Holy Spirit doing in your life right now?

The Holy Spirit is working in the lives of young girls at the center where I am employed. Some change their minds about abortion, and choose life for their babies.  I have witnessed two young girls this summer completely change their minds about aborting their babies, and my staff and I were convinced the girls would walk out our door at the center and go right to the abortion clinic!  Praise the Lord for their choosing life!

What words of encouragement do you have for fellow faith travelers?

My words of encouragement are that God is new every day and His grace is sufficient!   I was walking in our garden the other day, during a particularly difficult week, when I noticed something unusual in my begonia basket.  I pulled away the pine needles to discover an abandoned set of four little white eggs that had hatched.  For those birds to have survived in that nest so close to the ground was a miracle!  It reminded me that if His eye is on the sparrow, it is even more on me and my family. Just as it is for everyone who places their faith and trust in Him!

Sue's church home is Holy Cross Lutheran Church in Clayton, North Carolina 
where her husband Bill serves as the Senior Pastor. 
Sue serves in the choir, SS, VBS, LWML and anywhere they need a helping hand. 
 Sue's husband Bill also serves in the Southeastern District 
as Second Vice President. 
We give thanks for the way the Lord as blessed both of their ministries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!