Friday, August 16, 2013

Linda Miller- Northern Region


 Linda Miller- Northern Region




I have been thinking alot about my journey of faith. At times, that road
has been pretty bumpy but well worth the trip.

Growing up, there was no religion in my home. I always believed in God
 but I did not make Him a part of my life. That changed when I met my husband to be. 
We were both working for State Farm Ins. at the time. He told me he wanted to go to 
the seminary and become a pastor. What a scary thought that was for me.
There was no way I could be a pastor's wife. I wasn't "good enough". 
I wasn't religious enough.  I wasn't spiritual enough, and to top it off, I smoked!
But boy, was I wrong!

God had a plan for me and He turned my life around. God was always in my life,
but I chose to ignore Him. I know that He is always beside me. His grace allowed
me to truly believe that fact, and this made the days that I felt lost
and unsure of myself as the wife of a pastor, much easier to handle.

Were there days I wished Richard had never left State Farm?
You bet there were. 
Were there days I didn't like being a pastor's wife? Yes again.
But, I now know that God called me to be that wife.
All new beginning journeys are frightening, 
but my experience gives me hope to trust now.

I was in line at a grocery store in North Carolina many years ago and an elderly 
lady ahead of me became upset when she realized she had missed her bus. I   
offered to drive her home. On our way, I mentioned that my husband was the 
pastor of the local Lutheran church. I will never forget her reply...."no wonder 
you're so nice, your husbands a pastor". Now between you and me, 
I was "nice" before that. I didn't say anything, just smiled.
Having God in my life and really knowing Him, makes me smile every day!


Linda is the widow of Rev. Richard Miller who died in Feb. 2011. 
She walks these days in her new life journey. Linda can be reached at moomiller2@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!