Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Vivi Diefenthaler- Northern Region


Vivi Diefenthaler -
with husband Rev. Dr. Jon Diefenthaler



1)  What brings you great JOY in this season of life?
What brings me greatest joy are family, friends, and my church community.  Within my family, I find special satisfaction in providing spiritual education for my grandchildren through Bible stories, daily devotions, and prayer.  I am amazed at their spiritual development and active participation in the life of their congregation (choir, youth retreats, praise band, readers and Communion assistants).  Within my church community, I love to sing in our congregation's choir in offering up my praise to God.  

2)  What do you see the Holy Spirit doing in your life right now?
I see the Holy Spirit at work in many areas of my daily life: in evangelizing opportunities to share the good news, by tapping into the power of prayer, in working with my husband in his ministry on behalf of Lutheran World Relief, through providing respite for my daughter who has three special-needs children.  

3)  What words of encouragement do you have for others on the journey?
Consider setting aside a portion of every day in God's Word and prayer in order to center your life and all you are called to do.  Participate in Bible studies and retreats to help renew your faith.  Be available to listen to others in their time of need and be open at all times to opportunities to serve God by being a source of help to others.   

We give thanks for the ministry and encouragement of
 Vivi Diefenthaler 
who stood as partner in ministry and support
 to her husband Rev. Dr. Jon Diefenthaler
 as he served as District President of the Southeastern District
 from 2003-2012. 
Vivi is well known for her prayer heart
 and caring concern and listening ear.  
We give thanks for her continued service in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!