Saturday, September 17, 2016

Elizabeth Romeo- Central Region

Elizabeth Romeo

Sometimes it is a whole lot of fun to see 
artful blossoming. 
That has been the story in the past 
couple of years watching 
the work of Elizabeth.
1. What is one of the blessings that you have from time in God's Word with Bible Journaling?
The biggest blessing I've received from the act of Bible Journaling is feeling more connected to the Word 
and remembering what I've read. I've made a visual link between the text and my experience of reading the text. 
I have always been a creative and artistic person so when my mom asked me if I wanted to go to a Bible Journaling
event in Fall 2015, I was definitely excited to check it out 
but I had no idea how much that day would change my spiritual life. Through the Bible Journaling community, 
I have also been blessed with a network of incredible ladies who not only teach me artistic techniques but also inspire 
me to dive into the Word.
2. What is a surprise that you have learned along
 the way?
A surprise that I've learned through Bible Journaling is how God would use it as a tool for me to talk to my friends 
(both Christian and non-Christian) about my faith practice and show a different method of exploring the Word. I don't know where He will take this, but I'm excited to see it develop! 
Thank you to Elizabeth of sharing some
 of her beautiful margin responses. 
We are thankful for the ways the Lord
 is using this witness tool in her life.

Elizabeth is a social worker and currently works 
in the Fairfax County school system 
with preschool students. 
Elizabeth and her husband, Ross, have been married for four years.
  She loves going to the beach and definitely finds waves very calming.
 She has been a member at St. John's  Lutheran Church 
in Alexandria VA since birth.
Baptized and confirmed there, she now teaches Sunday School
 to four year olds in this faith community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!