Thursday, March 24, 2016

Emily Neuschafer- Southern Region


In my life I feel the Holy Spirit moving me 
in many different ways.  
I know that God is setting up all the steps
 to take me where I need to go.  
Through work, family, friends, school, 
and even my art work.  
God brings great Joy to my life 
in all of these things.



A couple of years ago I was able to attend 
the National Youth Gathering in San Antonio, Texas. 
For a week I, along with thousands of other youth,
 sang, worshiped, and participated
 in community service projects.  
To say the least the trip 
was very moving and inspiring. 


One of the more inspiring moments
 for me was being able to see Mike Lewis, 
an artist who expresses his talent
 through speed paintings. 




Pastor Bill Beyer and Emily
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
Clayton, NC 
Watching his brush meticulously move across 
the stretched canvas to make a master piece
 in a matter of minutes was truly incredible.  
At the time I never thought I would be the one 
in front of that canvas. 
God obviously had a different plan for me.
Since the National Youth Gathering 
and watching Mike Lewis for the first time,
 I have grown in my talent and have shared
 my own speed paintings with my school, 
community, and church home.  
I can only imagine the full impact it has on others.  
When I hear in the crowd whisper as I paint,
 and then after I am finished have them thank me
 for sharing my God given talent
 I feel blessed to have been able to do so.

Emily Neuschafer is 17 years old and a Senior 
at Cleveland High School in Clayton NC.  
She has been a member
of Holy Cross Lutheran Church for 12 years. 
 At the age of 9 she started to show signs
of being able to draw and paint.  
Emily started taking art classes from a local studio. 
 Right away everyone could tell she had a natural talent for art.  
Emily's final confirmation paper 
was based on Ephesians 2:10 
 “For we are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus
 to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do”. 
 She wrote about her finding her talent in art 
and hoping to be able to share this talent with others.  
October 2014 Emily did her first live speed painting 
at the High School Talent Show.  
The next week the year book interviewed her 
about what she had done and she told them
 she was inspired by Mike Lewis, the Jesus Painter.  
After the interview the class pulled up his video on YouTube 
and watched Mike do a painting of Jesus. 
 Since then Emily has done speed painting for Holy Cross, 
the Open Arms preschool, and her High School.  
September 2016 Emily will attend SCAD
 (Savannah College of Art and Design) 
and plans to major in Animation and Illustration.
We give thanks for the way she celebrates her gift in the 
work of the Kingdom.

Her Facebook page is here-Ems Gems And Art work
Check it out for a video 
of her doing the painting featured here.

Here is a link to see more about
jesus painter 



No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!