Monday, November 25, 2013

Offer Blessing

         


Reflecting on the theme of the LCEF- 
Lutheran Church Extension Fund-
 Leadership Conference
 in San Antonio, Texas
 this past weekend.



And a prayer for this week- Offer Blessing-

God of love, 

I Pray for the peace of Christ:
in the face of fear, to trust,
in the face of violence, to be gentle,
in the face of sorrow to be healing,
in all things to offer blessing. 



Christ, grant me your peace:
with those who are rejected to stand in unity,
for those who are afraid to offer my hand,
beside the outcast to sojourn in longing,
to those who are cursed to offer blessing.



Spirit of compassion, 
be the grace and strength in me
to risk for the sake of justice,
to suffer for the sake of healing,
to give of myself for the sake of love,
to offer blessing, to offer blessing.


A prayer from Pastor Steve
 on the blog Unfolding Light 
that touched my heart this Thanksgiving Week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!