Monday, June 12, 2017

Sierra Burden- Visual Faith Coach

 Bible Journaling can have all sorts of looks.
It can be restricted to the margins
 or be placed as a whole page.
There is no "one way" 
to approach time in God's Word.
 Sierra Burden is a Visual Faith Coach 
that delights in her time 
reading and responding to Scripture.
She also loves sharing the practice how-to's with others.  
This past year she has worked with MOPS groups
 to help them SEE just what this is all about.
Sierra shares:

"I have learned so much from Bible Journaling. 
Looking forward to my Bible study time
 on a daily basis
 has been one of the blessings. 
Visual reminders of where
 I have studied keep me motivated 
and also shows me God's presence in my life. 
He keeps leading me back to passages 
that talk about trusting in Him and not worrying. 
I can tell where I have been spiritually in my art 
(from struggling with my marriage,
 to rejoicing in God's grace, compassion, 
and abundant second chances). 
I am about to archive a full-to-bursting, 
art-filled Bible and start journaling 
in a new one.
 In a year and a half, I have learned 
so much about my God and myself. 
I hope to share that legacy with my girls, 
and I hope to continue to see the Scripture
 in new ways every time I get out my paint."
 stickers and paint
adding in with washi tape
simple and childlike
and a repurposed Over-head projector sheet
Sacred edges- reading in Lisa Hickman's book 
Cutting up a greeting card
Main point- Remain on the Vine
an intimate look at motherhood
 stickers are an easy help
 a tip in with charcoal drawing 
and a pencil drawing right in her Bible



Sierra Burden, 
a busy mom of two little girls
 belongs to 
St. John's Lutheran Church- Franconia, VA.
She will be present as a Visual Faith encourager 
at the Creative Faith Center 
at the 2017 Tending the Faith event in August.
Register Here:
Creative Faith Center






No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!