Sunday, February 14, 2016

Susan Herbert- Israel Reflections

Susan Herbert- Dec 2015-Jan 2016 
Israel and Jordan Traveler
Photo above at the Jordan River- Jordan side
Light on the Sea of Galilee--Susan Herbert

New Insights and Bible Study Helps:
Since I 've returned, I have experienced "Wow! I was there!" moments during Scripture readings at every service. A recent Sunday had the reading from Deuteronomy when the Promised Land was shown to Moses from Mt. Nebo. And I thought....I know that view!
It makes Bible reading become real because I have been to the places. I loved the project of cataloging my pictures.
                                            JOY:
Experiencing the cooking of the Middle East was a delight. At home I struggle with food allergies but in Israel and Jordan I had no allergic reactions, even to foods I must avoid at home. My allergy had made me hesitant to travel, but I found no problem. I have sought out Middle Eastern cookbooks from the library and am enjoying cooking from them.

A favorite photo from Jerusalem--Susan Herbert

Susan Herbert is a member
 of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church,
Springfield, Va.
She engages in many ministries of service 
and teaches 
Centering Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!