Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Susan Furst- Central Region

      God has been blessing me so much in the past six months that I can barely breathe sometimes.  I love telling people about Jesus and I was led to take some online writing classes.  The results have been nothing short of a miracle.  Within the span of six months I have gone from writing for myself and whoever would listen, to having some of my poems published and a book in the works. Who does that-only God! My Humpty Dumpty story came from my experience with my first class.
     It began as an assignment, and ended up as a response to the heaviness I felt in my spirit for the other writers in my class.  Most of the writers in the class were not Christian, and their writing was filled with spiritual heaviness and sadness. They leaned toward Buddhism, Karma, and Humanism for answers and meaning in their lives. It was very depressing. They were very supportive and caring people and I longed to tell them about Jesus.
     So I was moved to finish my Humpty story as a response to their sadness and pain.  It was my parting gift. My story was not overtly Christian, but dealt with the themes of hope and redemption. I pray that the Holy Spirit will work through the words I have written, for them and others who read my book! Because of my writing success, I feel that God is blessing me and I want to make myself available for whatever He has for me to do.


     To celebrate this new open door for writing my husband gave me a wonderful Christmas gift.  It is an antique Underwood Typewriter circa 1920. My husband Herb, knew I loved antiques and used to type my college papers on an old manual Underwood typewriter (although not that old) So he surprised me with this wonderful gift which is proudly displayed in my living room.
     My teacher encouraged me to submit some of my poetry to an online publication called:
The Poetry Super Highway:poetrysuperhighway
I was selected to be “Poet of the Week” (December 14-20) 2015. You can access my poem here:   poets_of_the_week
Also on the same site you can access another poem at Haiku Universe in the archives.
My book “Humpty Dumpty, Cracks and all: A Tale of Hope and Redemption” is to be published in early spring 2016, with full color illustrations. 

I give thanks for my Head Cheerleader-Herb. And all that I have been learning in the past few months. May it bring God Glory!
Susan has been a member of 
Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Springfield, Virginia. 
We are thankful for her giving spirit 
that moves through chronic health issues
 to be used in the Kingdom for His Glory.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see Susan's post here. May God continue to bless your faith walk.

    ReplyDelete

always wanting to be connected!