Thursday, August 27, 2015

Susan Maack- Northern Region




What brings you JOY right NOW?
 Several things bring me joy. I take joy in my family. The end of the work day means I get to see my wonderful husband and spend the rest of the day with him. We travel, do home improvement projects (like sealing the driveway - messy but fun), have dinner out once in a while, and talk. My two daughters are far away (Korea and Alaska), so any contact with them is a joyful occasion. My new grandson has grabbed my heart with his tiny little hand and held on tightly (he's so adorable)! We celebrated my parents' 60th anniversary during the summer. 
I also take joy in sharing Christ's love for me with my smile. I smile at and chat with the clerk in Walmart, the gate guard at Fort Meade when I go to shop at the commissary, and the receptionist at the doctor's office. I smile when I go to partake of the Lord's Supper and when I go back to my seat because I am happy to be receiving the Sacrament God gave me! The best way to spread joy is with a smile!

What do you SEE the Holy Spirit doing in your life right NOW?
 The Holy Spirit works in many ways. He has put people in my life that encourage through the way they live their lives. He puts me in circumstances that strengthen my faith. This can be when others are an example of how the Holy Spirit works in their lives. It can also be when I can witness, whether it be easy with other Christians or difficult with non-Christians. 

And I know the Holy Spirit works through music!!! I see this all the time as a teacher when the children sing songs about Jesus. I try to choose songs that will stick with the children throughout their lives and help them in bad and good times as they get older. 

What word of encouragement to you have for fellow faith travelers TODAY?
 My fellow travelers need to look for God's presence in the everyday occurrences in their lives. He will present you with something when you least expect it that shows He is with you and has heard every single prayer you have ever prayed! God is the Creator of Creativity and He answers prayer in ways that are so creative! Keep on praying!


Susan is currently employed at St. Paul's Lutheran School in Glen Burnie, MD, her home church. She teaches a class of 4-year-olds in the morning and music in the afternoon.  Music duties include general music classes for grade 3 and younger, two choirs, and a Middle School elective. She sings in St. Paul's Spirit Choir (traditional), subs for the organist when needed and helps with the Bazaar and Christmas/Easter cantatas. Susan is married to Rev. Dr. David Maack who serves as the Southeastern District First Vice President and works as the Executive Director of the Lutheran Mission Society in Baltimore. We give thanks for Susan as she  blesses us with smile and song! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!