Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Jennifer Hills- Central Region





1. What brings you JOY right now?
My two little girls flood my life with joy! At 3 and 4 years old our home is a source of constant noise, movement, and laughter.  Whether it’s a princess tea party or an impromptu check up; watching them play, learn and grow is a gift that fills my heart with joy.

2., Where do you see the Holy spirit working right now in your life?
I see the Spirit working in my life as I build encouraging and edifying relationships with other moms.  For years I did ‘family’ ministry as a non-parent.   Now, as a parent the Lord has really blessed me to put in to practice all the things I’ve known and taught.  It’s a privilege to walk with other mothers and to share our challenges, joys, and sorrows as we raise our little ones in the faith.

3, What words of encouragement do you have for fellow faith travelers right now?
Most people would give you a Bible verse – but I am just going to say; “We’re in this together”. I want others to know that nothing they are going through is meant to be done in isolation.  Find someone to share the journey with in your church or community.  God called us to be in relationship with one another for a reason. 


Jennifer has served at St. John Lutheran Church,
 Alexandria, VA
 as the very first 
Director of Youth and Christian Education 
since May 2002. 
Jennifer received her Bachelor of Arts,
 with specializations 
in Youth Ministry and Theology,
 from Concordia University
 in River Forest, Illinois in 1999. 
She is a synodically commissioned
 Director of Christian Education
 and a 2009 KINDLE Associate. 
Jennifer serves all St. John’s members,
 child to adult, helping them to discover
 what it means to be a child of God. 
Jennifer and her husband Mark 
are parents to Sofi and Charlotte.
Outside of her church duties 
she leads a small group Bible study of women, 
and volunteers at her daughters 
preschool and dance studio.



We give thanks for the ways that Jennifer shares her gifts 
and love for the Lord in all of her areas of life and ministry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!