Thursday, October 17, 2013

Do NOT Enter






Maybe it's just me-  but everytime I see a sign with this-  DO NOT ENTER-
 yup- you guessed it- I want to climb the fence- peek through, open the door-
 Now it might never have crossed my mind-
 until the sign posted told me I could not go there.

It seems like some times when a new chapter in life is about to open -- 
there is a small voice that can yell pretty loudly- Do NOT ENTER.
 The unknown can be very disquieting. 
Too unpredictable.
Boundaries are not squared away yet
 and it feels like a free fall.



But, it is helpful to see a new threshold as a gate.
You can see a few things through the rails, but not so clearly YET.
Whether you are moving through an opening to a new job,
 change in life or work position,
 or simply days that are more challenging right now-
 remember.
 You have the God that wrote the book on TIME and CHANGE 
moving along right beside you.

Not a bad place to be going forward.
So we pray......

Heavenly Father, 
You so graciously do not hesitate when I do. 
You keep my hand held closely and move with strength-
 when I hesitate.
When I desire to know the story's ending,
 you whisper quiet flutters of trust for me to catch and hold closely. 
I give thanks that my footsteps are gentle placements
 on the earth that you hold dearly. 
As you guard my days of breathing into unknown wakings,
 I rest assured and breath deeply.
For you have written my days in your book of LIFE, 
and may my purpose be tender guidings of YOUR Will.
 In the name of Jesus.
Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!