Thursday, March 01, 2018

Dotsi Morgan Hoffman- Creative Heart


Dotsi Hoffman
has an eye for beauty 
and hands that bring to life
what rests in the imagination
 of an artist.  
She shares bit of the story here:

"The dried flower wreath 
was made with Sweet Annie 
and hydrangea that I grew in my garden 
and accented with dried flowers 
I bought in a market in DC.

 Silk flower wreath for spring 
and all flowers came from Hobby Lobby.
 I made these wreaths from magnolia leaves
                           that I spray painted gold
                    and hot glued to cardboard circles.
                 Once the leaves dried out they began
           to curl up showing the lovely brown velvet side.
                     I added a B and J Black letters
                           to hang in center for 
                     Joseph and Brittnie’s wedding.
                                    Dried hydrangea from my garden

for a colleague who retired 
after 30 years of working in education. 
Dried hydrangea with some
 fresh flowers which are still pink. 
They dried nicely.
I enjoy making wreaths
 to hang on my front door 
but also to give away 
and most of the time
 the materials are cheap to gather,
 or free if grown in my garden.

I really do enjoy making crafts 
and crafting things to brighten my home
 but my favorite relaxing activity 
is digging in the garden!

Dotsi and her husband, Fred,
 live out their calling by serving at
 Point of Grace Lutheran Church
 in Cornelius, North Carolina. 
Thanks for sharing your creative heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!