Thursday, May 25, 2017

Jennifer Maton- Calligrapher


When writing is art...
that would be the work of Jennifer Maton.
Names, places, and dates-
transferred into artful arrangement.

Maybe you have always wanted to learn?
Here is an opportunity-coming right up.
 Only 10 seats available--

A bit of Jen's story:
I started learning calligraphy at a young age 
when my parents gifted me a Shaffer pen set 
for my 12th birthday. 
Once I started college, 
I decided to continue learning calligraphy 
and other art methods, 
finally earning degrees
 in textile design and art/graphic design.


I feel extremely blessed
 that I have been able to share my gift 
with others through 
calligraphy classes and workshops.
 I teach using the same professional tools
 that I use in my work in the hopes 
that others can create jobs for themselves 
by using this skill. 
Recently, I have had several previous students 
tell me that they were able to start
 small  local calligraphy businesses 
which allowed them to afford
 to quit their long exhausting daytime jobs
 or earn extra money on the side to pay for college. 




My favorite calligraphy job 
was designing the Lord's Prayer 
for a local art show. 
My hope was that it might touch 
someone who needed some extra strength 
that day or be a witness to a non believer
That is why I try and post my work
 on social media--
 you never know who you might reach.


Jennifer is the wife of Pastor Ben Maton
and they serve at
Immanuel Lutheran- Charlottesville, VA.
We give thanks for her sharing
 of her gifts and talents-
and a bit of the story.

To connect with Jen:
www.ifsoinklined.com

on Pinterest:
ifsoinklined

on Instagram:
if_so_inklined


No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!