Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Erika Quinn Radke- Bible Journaling




Erika Quinn Radke and husband Ryan and 
their two sons.

A bit of her Bible Journaling story from Erika:

I am enjoying Bible Study more than ever, 
now that I have started 
drawing and journaling in the margins of my Bible.
 I am now looking 
forward to the time I spend in my Bible  
and thinking about the
verses I will focus on, as I go about my day.
Not only am I studying 
my Bible more frequently,
 I am also concentrating 
on specific Scripture more intensely 
and for longer periods of time.
While I illustrate a page, 
I contemplate the words on that page, 
keying in on a few verses.
It is similar to how some people focus 
on a passage of Scripture while 
participating in Lectio Divina-
 sacred reading. 
(practiced also by Martin Luther)
Bible journaling has lit a spark in me. 



My three favorite things are :
Christ, family and art.
Bible Journaling allows me 
to combine my favorite things 
and that is so special.
My Bible is becoming personal,
 an album of faith and family. 
My bible
is now a place I go to relax,
have fun, create,
 listen and spend time with God.

Check out this process video that Erika 
has posted to see how she teaches weaving 
in her Bible to illustrate some specific Bible passages.
Bible Margin Weaving

Erika is the Communications Director
 at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Springfield, VA 
and her husband Ryan 
serves as the Digital Coordinator for the Southeastern District- LCMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!