Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Linda Storm- Central Region



Babies don’t come with instruction books. It is a huge transition to the new role as a parent, whom do you turn to for help, support and guidance? With the skills of Infant Massage, those parents can look to the church.

I was raised to problem solve. As an elementary/special education teacher/preschool teacher, I was trying to figure out how we can help our babies/children get off to the best start and how to help parents build their confidence.  When I heard about infant massage I felt that maybe it might hold some answers. Working with infants and parents is definitely early in the relationship.
As I learned more about infant massage, I realized that I had actually done some things right!  I had held and rocked and carried, cuddled and responded to them. Little did I realize how important all of these things are for the health growth and development of the baby and important for the infant/parent mental health.

When teaching parents to massage their babies it is wonderful to witness the angel moments when parents connect with loving communication to their baby and their baby returns the same in the glow of their face.  I can just see God smile. This is just a glimpse of how much God loves us.  “We love because he first loved us.”  The relationship a baby has with their parent is the first relationship they have and it is the basis of all other relationships the child will have.  To help nurture that relationship is priceless.

After taking my training with a friend from church, we started teaching lots of classes both at church an in the community. It was so rewarding. As I finished a home visit with a family I was talking to God about how wonderful the experience was but that there were so many parents that I couldn’t reach. At that moment he gave me my call to become a trainer so that I could train others who would then teach other parents.  As I taught others and brought them into the work of Infant Massage, I had helpers. It was like going through a Xerox machine.  

I completed my work to be an International Trainer of Infant Massage in June 2002. Since then I have traveled from London to Korea and across the United States and trained over a thousand people in all types of careers. It is wonderful to have people reaching parents with this work that on my own I couldn’t reach.  

Now I am working to bring this work into the church.  I am reaching out to churches in the South Eastern District to open their doors to provide space for the training and I will train members of their church and the surrounding community.  Christ said, Bring the little children unto me for such is the kingdom of heaven. He encouraged us to Train them up in the way they should go and they will not depart from it. Research is now showing the truth of this verse.


We all want to live in caring communities,  Let peace begin with me.


Linda Storm is a member of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church- 
Springfield, Virginia.
 She would be delighted to speak with you about
bringing infant Massage  
to your church and community.





Linda Storm, CEIM, IAIMT, IPMHC
571-241-1075

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!