Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Bonnie Priebe- Israel Reflections

Bonnie recently traveled to Israel
 with a group from the Southeastern District
 and shares some thoughts from her trip.


1. New insights-- I think I understand the
 troubled situation in the Middle East 
better since my trip.  
There are many different ethnic groups 
huddled so closely together, 
with difficulties dating back many generations.

2.  Bible studies--I was struck by last
 Sunday's Bible reading about Jesus
 in the Synagogue 
and realizing I'd been there!  
Our travels have given me the mind pictures 
(as well as those on my camera and tablet)
 of Bible places that I was looking for when we left.

3.  Joy!  I was delighted with the trip and have 
marvelous memories. 
 I've shared many of them with my family
 and my church buddies. 
 I especially enjoyed Yossi's
(our Israeli guide) flute playing.  
He was an truly excellent guide!

Bonnie is a retired LCMS teacher 
who spent 38 years teaching 
at Concordia Lutheran School
 in Hyattsville, MD.
She joined the tour hosted by
 SED President John Denninger 
and his wife, Connie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

always wanting to be connected!